The Foundations Class is an 8-week class that will help you build a solid foundation and fitness with your dog. Whether you just want to play fetch and take your dog for a walk around the block or participate in dog sports like Agility and Barn Hunt you and your dog will gain something from this class.
We will assess your dog's current level of fitness and work with you using games and fun exercises to either maintain their fitness level or improve it. This is a group class that is designed for all levels of fitness in healthy puppies and dogs. If your dog has suffered a recent injury or has joint or spinal problems this may not be a class for you. Please consult with your veterinarian and we are available to answer any questions your vet may have.
Benefits of the Course
- It stimulates your dog mentally and physically
- Helps prevent and reduce anxiety
- Reduces problem behaviors like digging and barking
- Helps socialization and obedience
- Keeps the mind sharp and reduces age-related disease
- It will tire a dog out
- Better able to play and work
- increase engagement with the handler
- Reduce the risk of injuries
- Early detection/identification of injuries or dysfunction
- Increases muscle memory
- Works on stability, proprioception, muscle strength, mobility
Having a good foundation is beneficial to animals as well as other structures. Building a good foundation requires being aware of your body and all parts of the body working together optimally. By helping your dog build a good foundation you will enjoy a deeper relationship with your dog. A side effect of having a good foundation is being physically fit which can lead to a longer healthier life with a reduced risk of age-related diseases.
As with humans, dogs that are fit tend to have fewer injuries and can live longer with less pain. Even companion or pet dogs can benefit from a simple and fun fitness program. Working to help keep your dog fit may deepen the bond you share and develop mutual respect for each other and increase the understanding of the abilities and limits that each other has.